Thursday, May 12, 2005

I don't think

I don't think that it is unamerican for me to feel as though our current administrations apparent goal of changing the governments of countries who's leadership style is differnet from ours is wrong.
I wonder if they understand that those countries come from a differnet mindset than we do and that thier culture and history is different. Just because we like it, doesn't mean it is right for them. True evolution cannot be forced and, just because it seeme to work for us (or does it?) doesn't mean that it is right for them.
This has been sparked by an article I read on Yahoo which states that Russia believes that americans have been sending spies into thier country in order to insite revolution towards democracy.
I would like to see my worldly neighbors live happy healthy lives, and I certainly am not complaining about the disposal of Saddam Houssein as the dictator of Iraq, and I am not going to pretend to be so politically savy that I know what is really going on in the world (Remember, I just found out about the slaughter in Rwanda), but it seems to me that things have been pretty quiet over there as they slowly change thier ruling style (Russia, not Iraq. What a mess!). I do think I need to read more Yahoo news, they give better information

No comments: