Monday, December 19, 2005

Where did I go?

As you know, it is unusual for me to be out on a weekday. This was a difficult weekend for me.

Thursday night while T was helping me move, I got a phone call telling me that my mom was on her way to the hospital. I'm not going to go into details, but I will say that we still don't know what is wrong with her according to all the tests they did (they kept her until Saturday) but we are still waiting for information from Dr. Theneurologist. T took me to the hospital and then all around to collect her car from the nail salon where she passed out and to her house to get clothes and all that. He kept me in good spirits and laughing, and I will always be greatful to him for that. (He says that next time he wants to be the one to slap her back to life (they couldn't find a pulse) but she says he hits too hard)
I spent all day Friday with her and Poo in the hospital. They let her out on saturday evening, but she's not allowed to do anything. I did let her put the angel on the tree after we decorated it yesterday.
Had some family Christmas stuff going on. I have to say that for the first time as an adult, I got to enjoy the wonder of small children opening their gifts, and I realized that it really is what it's all about.

No comments: