Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Tis the season. A song for you.

Every so often, I'll write a song. Well, the lyrics to a song. It's been awhile. But here's a new one based on looking at all my friends and their respective loves, knowing that I will be going home alone this evening to sleep between my flannel sheets.

'Tis the season to be lonely
fa la la la lala la la la
I'm smiling big but it's a phoney
Fa la la la la, la la la la
I'm donning now my spinster mittens*
Fa la la la la la la la la
I'll grow old with lots of kittens
fa la la la la la la la la la**

especially bitter sweet are all the pictures of W with his girl. Not because I would rather be in her place, because I wouldn't, but because they do many of the things that I would like to do with someone but I don't. I mean, T and I do that stuff, but there aren't any sweet snuggly pictures. Just landscapes and the snuck picture of the back of T's head. I know I'm being pathetic again, and I'm really trying to stop. But if you are single during the holidays, you know how hard it is to look at all the happy couples running around all excited about twhat they will buy for each other, ice skating and snuggling in front of the fire with hot chocolate (which come to think of it, I never did take advantage of my fireplace) and all that mushy gooshy stuff. I miss that. Crisp mornings and frozen toe fights under the covers, waking up with someone on Christmas morning. My mother says that my day will come. I think mothers are supposed to say that and while I wouldn't take back the bulk of my exes, it would be nice to have someone to spoil during the holidays.

*I'm pretty sure spinsters wear mittens, I mean, I do (hey, where did I put those?). They aren't special mittens, except that Bean gave them to me and now she's gotten lost, but they are spinster mittens since I am a spinster and they are mine. Maybe I should knit some spinster mittens. For my kittens...
**there was more, but I got depressed and had to slap myself for being pathetic.

No comments: