Monday, June 13, 2005

At peace with High School

My reunion went wonderful. Well, it got better after I had a couple of margaritas and didn't care that I didn't know a lot of the people there. But happily, I spoke with several people who knew of me then, and that is enough for me. I was not popular, although I wanted to be. And I will be the first to admit that my quest for poularity may have caused me to be a bit snobby towards a possibility of a firendship with the more colorful and interesting people. You know, the people I am getting to know now. However, I did get to talk with a couple of people who I would have liked to have knows becasue I knew people who thought they were great. the twins said I was beautiful (flattery will get you everywhere) and another person said he had thought I was cute. (we talked and boogied the rest of the evening. He thanked me for a good time)All in all, I am happy to have been remembered, and in a positive light, I had a great time and didn't make an idiot out of myself by drinking too many margaritas. T would not have had such a good time, even if we were still together, so I am glad for his sake that he did not go.

I decreed this weekend that we would be sending the goat to a new home this week.

Got some good time in with the girls yesterday. I sure do like them.

Had another epiphany Saturday. Instead of asking myself what others would do in my place, I am going to start asking myself, in moments of doubt, what I would do if I was not so insecure. Then, I am going to do it. Because that is the real me, and I miss her.

No comments: