Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I have never been so greatful for a dead cell phone

My mom called me last night all excited.

She was excited to tell me that she obtained a phone number for me. From a man. My firt thought, was, "Oh my goodness, Handsome Richard wants me to call!!" Not so much. Apparently she hit it off really well with the guy who sold her her new tennis shoes. (Crap. it's Al Bundy) But since she is not available, she told him all about her single daughter who looks just like her (only prettier. thanks momi) and is really nice and oh can I give her your number? which wierded him out, but he gave it to her, and Gina, this is better than the internet! (yeah, it's the Mominet). Oh and my step dad was chiming in since they were bluetoothing it in the car. I'll put Lee's inout in parenthasis. "He was really nice and cute, and not at all like that other guy (T) no, E, they are in different places those two and he has a little bit of a gut (No he didn't) but just a little bit (he did not!) and he's kind of a big guy (he's taller than me)he's not skinny (but he's not fat) a bigger guy, you know? and he has a really great personality (yeah, really good personality, you should go for this one. I'll take you to the store and buy a T Shirt so you can see) ((uh, he'll recognise you)) (no he won't. he would recognise your mom, but not me)Anyway, I'm not sure that he likes to do all the things that you like to do but...

All the while, I was banging my head on my steering wheel. Eventually I tuned them out, just as my cell phone died. And I was in tears. well, almost. I felt so pathetic that my mom has to get me numbers because I don't get my own. But at the same time, I get really upset when the subject of dating anyone comes up which tells me I'm really not ready to go there. I know I should, it would be healthy. I don't seem to want to. AND how pathetic am I that my mom gets numbers for me, and who is he that he gave it to her? Maybe he is adventurous and thought he would give it a chance. There's a little voice in my head that says I should at least go and look at him.

Update: my mom's assistant just brought me the number. Boy roomie says the issue isn't my looks, it's the way I meet people (not at all) Thanks boy roomie. and everyone else thinks it's all very funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know...I kind of think everything happens for a reason. Maybe you should just go check him out. It could be fate stepping in...

Ginamonster said...

could be. now will you please slap our eternal optimist back into submission, she gets me into far too much heartache as it is.

Anonymous said...

I know, I know...for being crapped on so much, we sure are hopeful! lol