Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Was it manipulation?

Because I did't want it to be. here's how the conversation went: (not verbatum)

Me: are we still on for dinner?
T: Maybe, what time will you be finishing tonight? because I have to get B's son B a birthday present.
Me: I'm thinking 6 or 6:30. If you don't have time, we can forget it...
T: No I promised you dinner, it would not be cancelled only postponed. we can wait for that other thing we were going to do eventually...
Me: right.
T: Where is your meeting tonight?
Me: Clairmont (you know, like 3 miles from your house, which is why I agreed yesterday that perhaps we could have dinner tonight)
T:Call me when you are finished. Any idea what you would like?

and so on.

See, I am not the kind of woman who likes to manipulate, but I responded the way I responded so he would know I am angry and hurt. (I am passive agressive that way) But I didn't want to guilt him into seeing me this evening. He's not the sort to feel guilty or do anything he doesn't want to do, but I am the sort to keep my dates whenever possible so it angers me when they aren't kept with me. Especially by persons who know how mad that makes me. don't give me the brush off, just tell me if you don't want to be around me, you know?

No comments: