Friday, March 03, 2006

A Hooha for Charlie!!

This has nothing to do with the proverbial pussy, I just wanted to give Charlie a treat because he gave me a lovely compliment and well, flattery gets you everywhere. I am also trying to become more comfortable using the word pussy because it's very descriptive and it's one of those words that nice girls aren't supposed to say. While I doubt I will ever be able to refer to my anatomical wonders that way (much preferring words like kitty, or hooha, but really preferring not to refer to it at all) it's a great way to describe people I know who just are a bit on the wimpy side.

Meanwhile, his Snarkiness was discussing his downstairs neighbor today and it reminded me of the reasons I never wanted to live in another apartment again, and how I am redeveloping my love/hate relationship.

I'm sure I have discussed how much I love being on my own. I don't run about nakid as much as I would like to, but it is nice to have only my own messes to deal with and all that.

But there are a few things that are a bit bothersome.
  • My neighbors still vibrate, although it has stopped happening at 4 am and now they wait until 6 am when I should really be thinking harder about getting out of bed anyway. The reason behind the vibration is still a mystery. but at least the extremely loud noises have stopped and I no longer think my TV is dying in the middle of the night
  • Downstairs, the kids have been getting in a lot more trouble lately.
  • Someone nearby fights a lot.
  • Someone nearby is a door slammer. While door slamming keeps poltergists away, well, it also annoys the neighbors. I have a feeling the door slamming has something to do with the fights. I also think it has something to do with the couple next door since none of this happened in a month of living there before they moved in.

I know I shouldn't bitch because I now don't have to deal with overflowing trashcans and my food disappearing before I can eat it and pussified boyfriends, but I'm human, and a woman. I can always find room for complaint.

I took this picture to remind myself of why I don't want any more roomates. I would like to point out that I did not create any of the trash shown in the bin, that they just kept shoving it in even though the bag seems to have dissapeared, and that I took out the trash after I took the picture.

2 comments:

NWJR said...

I used to hold an annual Halloween party, and I'd put together a massive playlist that ran on the iPod so no one would have to be responsible to play DJ for the event.

One year, I put a song in the mix called "I Wanna See Your Pussy", which is a harmless little dance song by the band "Lords of Acid" about a cute cat [vbeg]. One of our friends was furious, and really took me to task because she hates the word "Pussy". Hates it, hates it, hates it.

I think it's cute when a woman says "pussy". It's kind of like someone saying "nekkid". It sounds kinda dirty, but it's really not.

Anyway--good post!

Ginamonster said...

thanks! Most women are sensitive about that word. I remember feeling slightly embarassed as a child when granny on bugs bunny cartoons would talk about the pussy cat. it's a culture issue. I don't think I would complain about the pussy song now, but 10 years ago I would have been offended.