Monday, March 06, 2006

how much??

I am the kind of girl who likes to track things. and since other methods don't seem to be working, I am going to start tracking my weight loss here on this page. You can see my ticker at the bottom. It doesn't tell you where I am starting, probably because it thinks I am embarassed by my weight. I'm not. I'm not, because I don't look like I weigh what I weigh. I carry it very well. In fact, this morning on the radio I listened to a woman who called in because she can't get a date, and yet she was turning down these men, sight unseen, because they were "pudgy" at 180. No thought as to the fact that muscle weighs more than fat, just "oh he must be fat if he's 5'11" and weighs 180." baloney.
I knowI would look fabulous at 135. I also know that according to "fitness gurus" my ideal weight is about 120. That to be a "10" I should be about 110. I'm telling you that I could starve myself and get there, but I would look like I just walked out of a concentration camp. Plus I would be very grumpy because I like food. I'm just not built that way. That's ok with me. So I like myself best at 135, and I am hoping that by tracking my loss here, I will try harder to reach my goals. Since in my mind losing weight means working out more and eating better, then I will be achieving fitness as well.

I'm 5'4" tall. I currently weigh 160. fitness gurus can kiss my butt.

2 comments:

Sensei said...

I am planning on getting to 185 then bulk up using muscle and not fat.

I am on my way. If I could keep my arms the same size and shrink my gut, I would look awesome! I AM AWESOME, I would just like the looks to show it. ;)

Ginamonster said...

Yes, you are awesome! I love it that you said that.