Friday, September 09, 2005

My God, what is that stench?

Oh I'm sorry, that would be my house. much apologies, here's a complimentary gas mask.

I came home from work the other day, parked in my carport and headed towards my house. Since Monday was a Holiday, this must have been Tuesday. I smelled something. it was stinky but somewhat faint.so I followed my nose (It always knows!) to the source, which was the trashcan and figured that someone threw something bad away,but at least it's in the trash can.

Wednesday the stench hit me as soon as I got out of my car. Boy roomie thought he might have possibly put something bad in there, and wheeled the can out to the curb. Which was upwind of the house so I had to close all the doors and light candles. But, at least trash day is on Thursday, right?

Nope, trash guy didn't come yesterday, so after another day in the warm Lakeside weather, the stench of my trash can now can be smelled for at least 75 feet in any direction. And the roomates keep leaving thier windows open, and the front door too. It's enough to gag a maggot. It's very embarassing because I live in the kind of neighborhood where people take evening and morning walks. and I live in the stinky house.

Worse? I'm sure you can guess who will end up climbing inside the can to scrub it out if the stink sticks. It is no longer cool that boy roomie caught a delicious bass. You would think that people would know to throw thier fish guts away far far from thier home. Or, as T suggested, in the neighbor's trash.

No comments: