Monday, April 11, 2005

What a wonderful weekend

Except for the part that I was a wee bit cranky. we won't talk about that.

I was offerend a black angora goat. I can't decide if it is a good idea to take/buy it. We will aready have a goat, but I would love to have the fiber for spinning. And black angoras are worth bucks, so I would be able to make some cash selling what I cannot spin. But what if in a year I haev gone crazy and I don't want to live with anyone anymore? What if my roomates go crazy and don't want to live with ME anymore? I have a few gripes, and they are small, but what if they get bigger? what if I can't find another house that will take farm animals? it was hard to find a home for my kitties (it's been almost a year! wow!). It would be really hard to find a home for one goat, let alone two! then again, we haven't even gotten the first goat, what if he falls through?

Here are my roomate gripes, perhaps someone out there in blog land can tell me whether I am being petty.

I can handle that the trash doesn't go out as often as I would like. But someone doesn't like walking the 100 feet to the carport instead of putting the garbage into the can on the back porch. (where is gets forgotten on trash day becasue I don't know it is there)I do get quite a bit cranky that no one lines the cans with a larger bag so that on trash day, I can put all the bags at the curb (we are only allowed 8 bags at the curb, two kitchen bags fit into one 33 gallon bag, and the cans stay clean). I moved the can off the back porch to stop that little habit. I lined all the cans. I think I'm the only one who knows that trash day is on Thursday.

I'm still finding cigarette butts ...I know they are not BF's because he field strips his and throws them away. I don't smoke and won't live somewhere covered in butts. Like I told the roomies, if I wanted to live in a frat house, I would have gone to college.

My biggest gripe though, is drinks. someone is drinking all of my drinks and not replacing them. Some stuff I buy to share, and I am really happy to share anything I buy. But of the two cases of leftover beer from my mom's party, there is maybe a 6 pack left. I don't drink beer (and this is not counting the two cases I bought for the move, all gone) So we have gone through at least three cases of beer in less than a month, I know BF didn't do it, and I was planning to recycle the leftovers to my sister's wedding shower. 2 flats of leftover soda, gone. Someone drank all my Gatorade (I'm trying to stop being dehydrated), at least a 6 pack. I put sodas in the fridge for myself, gone. Am I petty for being cranky? That's a lot of money in drinks. I know I do well, but I don't think it is my job to water the masses! I am trying to think of a way to bring it up without sounding like a bitch. I made a joke yesterday about boy roomie (who I want to blame for drinking all the beer since he is not 21 and cannot buy his own) replacing the beer when he does turn 21. Maybe that will be enough.

In the happy side, BF called me sweetie. :) it was nice. it was the first time he used an endearment that I felt was not in jest. Poor BF, he has a migrain today.

No comments: