Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Unreasonable restroom fears

I have had a fear of public restrooms for a very long time. It isn't that I won't use them (as seen in other posts regarding my peeve about people and their cell phones in there) I just don't like them.
Of course, I have never met anyone who said, "oh boy! I get to pee in public!!" but, aside from certain business I just cannot bring myself to conduct in there, I actually have random fears associated with the use of public restrooms!
The first is that someone is peeking in on me from above the stall. This happened to me once in 5th grade during a class picnic, and it has taken me YEARS to stop checking to see if there is someone up there peeking in.
I worry that someone will open the door on me in all my tinckling glory. I walked in on someone once, I will never get the sight out of my head, I'm glad I didn't see her face so I don't know who it was.
What if I forgot to flush? I worry about this one at home too. This happened to me in a bar once. I was tipsy and just forgot. The next girl in asked me if the toilet was broken or if I forgot to flush, I'm still embarassed. Now I wonder if I have forgotten again....Sometimes I go back and check. This might be the start of OCD, maybe I already have it. perhaps I am crazy.
Even with the ass gasket, even having perfected the hover, I fear that I will catch something from the seat. Crabs can jump you know.
I'm thinking that for this reason it is good that I am starting a home business, even if I do plan to keep my regular job. Because if I work from home, I will have my own bathroom, and if I forget to flush, My girl roomie will just laugh at me. And that's ok.

4 comments:

Bruce said...

Er, I can only suggest you stop worrying about the irrelevancies of human waste disposal. Mistakes are made, Toms are Peeping,toilets are left unflushed, shit happens.

Ginamonster said...

lol. I know. I am working on that, along with my other issues. discussing it helps, of course.

Bruce said...

Furry Muff, er, no, fair enough.

(someone's been drinking too much coffee!)

Ginamonster said...

Who, Me?