Sunday, December 24, 2006

God only knows what I'd be without you

watching "Love Actually" for the upteenth billionth time yesterday and today (because I rarely watch an entire film without stopping it and leaving and then coming back to it) Something hit me on this fine sun-filled Christmas Eve.

(Not coming from a strongly religious background, Christmas in my family is more about the time we get to spend together and showing our love than a celebration of the birth of Christ. I look forward to this time of year, not because of the hope for gifts,but for the oportunity to spend quality time with them. The day is filled with warm fuzzy feelings, booze and chocolate.

So anyway, watching the movie, and on to the end and the lyrics spelled out above, I was struck so hard that I had to leave my Cream of Wheat cooling on the coffee table and write. It's moments like these that I am very thankful for my computer.)

My family. I bless them every day. Sure, they drive me nuts sometimes (or often, Brother) but they are mine, and I love them. Deeply. Wihout bounds, and without adjenda. It's the only way I know how to love, and I hope that I never know any other way. They are my support system. They are my self. They are my soul, my inspiration, my roots. They help me to fly, they keep me grounded when nessesary.

I know what I would be without them.

So to my family, on this fine sun-filled Christmas Eve, and to my dear friends who are the family I have chosen for myself, I love you. Even if I don't see you, even if I don't call or write. Even if it feels like I have fallen off, I love you.

I would be nothing without you.

1 comment:

Gary said...

When I drink booze and eat chocolate, I always get a warm fuzzy feeling. :)

Merry Christmas.