Saturday, December 02, 2006

angels among us

I don't know if I mentioned that I recieved a final notice onthe storage a week or two ago. and despite wanting to, I didn't pay it. I got support from my sister, and we decided that when it comes down to it, we have each other and the rest is just stuff.

Well, a couple of days ago, there was a certified letter notice in my mailbox addressed to my dad. After thinking about it and consulting my sister, I called the storage place. I didn't want to sign for it and find out I am liable. I already don't like it that my address is associated with him.

She told me that certified letters go out to all known addresses when a unit goes to lein. She said that my dad had called and said he would pay and quit, but that the engine in his car had blown and he wasn't able to make it up there.

Then she said the following, which made me bless them again. and again.

"I took your address off the account completely. and if it goes to lein sale I will call you and let you get what you want out of there."

Even if I don't. Even if he pays his debt to them and moves out. even if they sell everything and never mention it to me, those words were a kindness I will never forget. It has been nice dealing with people who do not judge me for my fathe's actions. People who understand how life can be sometimes and who go out of thier way to be nice, even though there may be nothing they can do,they still try. they are the people who help to keep hope in the world. They are the reason I have not lost faith in humanity.

1 comment:

Chickie said...

That sure was nice of her! Yay for good service.