Monday, August 01, 2005

yeah. we are so not ready.

I just found out that one of my vendors died tragically yesterday. He fell off his roof and landed on his head. That's the sort of thing you see in movies.

I am so sad to see him gone. I don't work with a lot of vendors in my position, and he was one of the ones I looked forward to seeing. He was always in a good mood, always interested in doing whatever he needed to do to make my life easier. And when we would work closely together, we would talk about his family, how much he loved his wife, and the couple's retreats they would go on together to help them be better partners to each other. He is a good soul. He had so much advice and so many suggestions for me. we would talk about philosophy and the bible. He would tell me bible stories, which, ordinarily would sound unpleasant, but he is the first person who made the book sound interesting. It was to him that I first suggested that I might actually read it. because the stories sound good. It makes me smile to know that he likely went home that day feeling as though he had done his job as a christian that day by spreading the word of christ. See it from his eyes, and you will be happy for him too. Now, when I do read it, I can think of him and know it would make him happy.

I can only imagine the sorrow that his family feels. I would like to think of some way that I can express to them the sorrow I feel too. I hope that I get the opportunity to tell them somehow how much he meant to me, and how much I enjoyed our times together. He was actually a little bit more than a vendor. I would like say he was my friend. I wasn't ready to say goodbye.

No comments: