Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Humming Birds

Humming Birds have a special place in my family history. When my paternal Grandfather was in the Hospital with Cancer, and his wife (My Grandma-L)would be there to visit with him. one day, she had stepped out to have a cigarette and a humming bird flew right up into her face, then flew away. She knew at that moment that Grandpa had died (confirmed when she went back into the room) and she swears to this day that he "flew away on the wings of a humming bird" because he loved them so much. (a fact I did not know until she told me this story just as I didn't know that his favorite dessert was Strawberry Shortcake until I ate it after his funeral. Bittersweet and sad how little I know about my father's family)
So Sunday, when I saw a Humming Bird outside my kitchen window, I smiled as usual and thought of Grandpa. But yesterday, when I was in the Fairy Garden watering the flowers, a humming bird buzzed my ear. Close. Twice.
So it makes me wonder if perhaps Grandpa is trying to tell me something. It makes me worry about my dad, who I haven't spoken to in a long time. Or if Grandma L is ok, as I haven't hear from her in awhile either.
I guess I am superstitious. I still hope Daddy is ok.

4 comments:

cyouincourt007 said...

superstition...naw....your intune and aware of the little things that most people overlook...I wouldn't disregard the messages...make a call or something....please : (

Ginamonster said...

I would if I had his number or knew where he was. :(

cyouincourt007 said...

: ( hmmmmmm... I dont mean to be nosy or bossy etc(since I really don't know much/specifics etc)... I just would like to let you know if you are ever interested... I will offer my help in Locating someone....... Im just a lil humble dood,with a lil knowhow ON THE COMP and maybe it would work...

Ginamonster said...

I appriciate the offer. I'm pretty sure he's around town, and my mom runs into him at our place of employment sometimes, so I knew he was alive as of mother's day. Bu since he chooses not to have contact with us, I choose to let him. It's sad, but I understand that I cannot change him. Deep down, he knows he's done wrong by us, but my father doesn't really exist anymore. Heroin changes who you are.