Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The promised photos. But first...

Got a call from my dad today. I figured he would call before too long. It's been what, a month since I last heard from him? Maybe two since I was fired three weeks ago. He usually flips back and forth between Seester and I, asking for money. He hit her last.

So I get this call, and it's Daddy (a little strange because the woman who's house I have been working on asked me about my dad today. I told her the usual answer. He's alive, as far as I know). Apparently he's put in 35 applications over the last week and hasn't heard a thing. I explained that I am jobless too right now. Still skating like crazy, that I love it, but no job.

He didn't ask what I meant about skating. I doubt he even knows about Derby. I mean, he knows what it is, of course, but I don't think he knows I do it. He just got off the phone. Limited minutes, you know (on a "private" number? aren't those usually land lines? I still have a San Diego number. hmmm). I wished him well.

Meanwhile, I took pictures of my injuries, which really don't do them justice, but I think you'll get the idea.



6 comments:

Osbasso said...

Mighty impressive!

Sensei said...

Wow! I could post pics of my bruised knee and leg from when I wiped out on my motorcycle in October, but that would get too uncomfortable, comparing bruises, in a "Lethal Weapon 3" sorta way.

Gretta James said...

wowzers ouch!

Rich | Championable said...

Oh, no, Sensei. We all want to witness a public courtship. Really.

As long as I get to be Joe Pesci.

Ouch.

Chickie said...

Ouch. Did you have kneepads on?

Ginamonster said...

Obasso, thanks. I am whining about it to anyone who will listen. It's what I do.

Sensei-I don't think I remember that movie.

Gretta-Yup

Rich-Once again, missed that one.

Chickie-No, I didn't, which is why they are so bad. i fall ALL THE TIME, but my pads protect me.