Sunday, March 02, 2008

Do you think?



Do you think John Malcovich knows he's a bit creepy? I think he definitely has to have a good sense of humor about himself or he would not have played himself in "Being John Malcovich" and I am really enjoying his quotes on IMDB. But I am often struck when watching movies with him; just how dang creepy and especially sinister he can be.

While researching him a little (very little) though, for this post which came to me while I was popping in on "In the Line of Fire" (hey, I had shorts to re-con into a skirt and a monkey to start. Who has time for stressful movies?) I cam to appreciate him as a man. The following are quotes I shamelessly stole from IMDB (with comments, of course!):

"I wasn't really raised to be the type of person to have doubts." Hey! me either! Cool!

"I've always felt that if you can't make money as an actor, you`re either incredibly stupid or tragically unlucky." pfft. hee hee. Actors are quite crazy...

Amazingly, I came away from this post with a higher appreciation for John as an individual. He's still creepy.

"I'm drawn to a character with a lack of humanity. People give reasons for being cruel or sadistic but I think it is just a lack of humanity and concern for others. I think I'm good at them because I don't like them. Audiences are attracted to them but I hate them. It's strange." - On why he enjoys playing evil characters. Oh. Okay. At least he has a reason. hmm.

1 comment:

Sensei said...

You want creepy. Take a quick look at David Cross. Don't look too long as his ugly mug may scar your retinas.

His thought process is perverted. His idea of humor is repulsive.

dgpcl - what a dog leaves behind after digesting cucumbers