Thursday, July 12, 2012

In which I fall madly in love...

... With Louise.

Every year, Kings Beach Tahoe hosts fireworks on the third of July. This is the first year I have been able to attend them. I have to say, it was pretty nice.

By far, though, the best part of the evening happened something like this:

We were driving a bit looking for a parking spot when we saw our friends Grant and Louise walking on the side of the road. Like any good friend, I stuck my head out the window and started hooting and hollering.

"Wooo! OW! Nice Bootie!" (yes, I really did say bootie)

Some strange reasonably young man replied, "Dude, lady, calm down" the rest was lost, but it was obvious that he thought I was hitting on him.

to which Louise replied, "She was talking to me."

apparently this shut down his attitude.

I love Louise.

The moral of the story is, don't assume its for you.

No comments: