Monday, July 30, 2012

All my little "dramas" aside

I spent the last week or so in Las Vegas attending RollerCon; the yearly Roller Derby Convention. It's a big party and skating madness. I partied (so much the first day that I was hung over by 7 pm and pretty much stayed away from the booze for the rest of the week), but did not skate as my knees just aren't handling activity well. I'm sure if I would buckle down and shrink the size of my butt that would be slightly less of an issue. I'm also looking into better foot support. but I digress.

So RollerCon. Madness. I had fun with my Ninja Monkeys.

That's all I have about that for now.

I also had the opportunity to spend some time with Girl Roomie and Best Friend from San Diego. And their spouses (both of whom I adore) and another character who has never really come into play here (we shall call her Kiki). These are people I have known forever. And it bears repeating that although I love my Reno family, there's something comforting about spending time with the people who have known you the longest. We laid by the pool and ate and had frothy cocktails. We (they) got all dressed up. We went to dinner. We ate dessert and looked in the gift shop. We sat in the bar for awhile and chatted. I had been looking forward to seeing everyone but I didn't really know how much until I was on the bus and I just, relaxed.

I caught them up a bit on the things that have changed in my world. Kiki and I floated the lazy river and talked about how hard it is to date. She's going through a divorce and well, we all know I'm kind of a dating disaster. I chatted up the husbands. We watched the Olympics.

And the Fluffy Ninja Monkeys all got tattoos.

No comments: