Thursday, March 15, 2007

I fear I've sprung a leak (or) I'm drying up like a raisin

I don't know if it's a matter of all the liquid in my body leaking out my nose (for goodness sake, stop RUNNING already) or if it is the exceptionally dry weather, but I am parched. can't get enough water parched. which means, I'm in the bathroom all day too. My nose is all red and I'm going throughh tissues like they are going out of style. I'm sure I would be healed by now if only...

I could get some sleep. Every time the dogs move, I wake up. And then there are the other surprises. Yesterday as I settled down in front of the TV, I noticed some little land mines. picked em um. Then, after my shower, next to the bed. Land mines. And last night? they didn't wake me to go outside. so you know there will be...landmines.

This morning when I arrived at work, I approached a coworker who has, of all things, a Bull Mastiff. I asked him how he handles the dogs.

R: "Dogs, you mean like peeps or like dogs?" (he's a white guy from the hood. I forgive him for that. National City is a rough place. I don't go there very often and never alone at night)

G: "Canines" (giggle)

R: "Oh, that's easy, I have kids. They're a lot alike"

G: "Yeah, but kids don't poop on the floor!"

R: "Uh...I wish I could say that's true but..."

apparently he also spends a fortune in shoes. Not for the dog (which was my first question) but in replacements.

Suddenly I am happy to not only be dogless but childless as well. pooping on the floor indeed.

that oughta get some interesting google hits.

2 more nights. I can't wait to be home. I go there to pick up clothes and to feed the critters. Yesterday I lay down on my couch just to enjoy it for a moment, and fell asleep. I didn't want to leave. It makes me sad to remember all the years I lived in homes where I didn't want to be there. How I would go wander the mall or just be gone to be gone. Perhaps it was restess youth. Perhaps it was the mess I lived in. I know that in some cases, it was the unhappiness I felt with my live in. It's nice to finally live in a home. I look forward to planting my garden this year. My spinning wheel is going at constant speed and I am working on the soap. With so much to do, who wants to be picking up doggy poo?

5 comments:

Buzz said...

Stumbled accross your blog through the HNT list, glad I did.

I'm in east county too, out by Mt Helix/Grossmont sorta kinda.


have a good one, great blog!

-buzz

Rich | Championable said...

Three kids. Two dogs. Three cats.

No time.

:-)

Buzz said...

Nope not lifted, regular ol' stock...

Buzz said...

Sent an email to the address you have on your profile.

Sensei said...

My weinerdog has been leaving landmines since we moved in January. I don't understand it. FOr years, she has been quite good. Now...SHEESH!

Last week, I got up for a midnight bathrrom call. In the hall way, BAM! Landmine one!

I step back, BAM! Landmine two.

So, I clean my feet, the floor, and curse the little mutt.

I wake up in the morning, go down stairs to let the dogs out. Weinerdog runs ahead, and I think, "She must really have to go."

I was right, SHe held it to the door, and bam! So, I step back, BAM!

Right into another one!

As I step off that, my other foot goes into the one I noted before.

God gave the weinerdog extra cuteness because He knew she would need it to keep me from killing her.