Friday, March 23, 2007

Crank-ee-pants

(Note-This post was started on Friday at work. then I got back to it on Sunday)

I think it has something to do with the fact that I had to get up an hour early this morning to be at work early so that I could drive a golf cart to the detail shop by 6 am. Why did I have to do it? because the managaer in charge of that cart didn't want to ask her staff to come in early to do it, she says we use it more than she does (hadn't driven it since OCT), and since bossman comes in early, he should do it. Bossman can't drive the cart, his belly doesn't fit. Coworker can't com in early, she has kids.

Meanwhile, I don't understand how it is that I have a record of a drawing and no drawing.

Last night I went for French food. Wayne got up to have a smoke, I went to go to the bathroom, and when I returned, they were clearing our table. I think they thought we skipped out on the bill. No, I didn't have escargot, I had Alaskan Salmon. Yes, I know Alaskan Salmon is not French. Regardless, the food was very tasty and the atmosphere was great (it was nice, but I was ok in jeans) and I highly recommend Thee Bungalow if every you are in the area. And you want to drop more than I like to spend on a meal. I'd say, it's a good place to impress a date.

(it's Sunday now)

MEANWHILE, I worked all weekend, got to stare gratuitously at Officer Yummy, my neighbor brought me an Aloe Vera (and stayed for a chat) then came back the next night to tell me I have the eyes of an Angel and give me his number, and then back tonight to see if I could take a look at his sewing machine (he is either completely clueless about sewing machines or blowing smoke up my ass about it being broken) and go to dinner with him and his daughter. Strangely, his daughter wasn't available for dinner after all.

I'm flattered by the attention, and I am trying to tell myself that like Wayne, he is only interested in my platonic company, but I can't help but wonder. I'm not interested, mind you, he's gotta be nearing 50 and after he left the night he brought the Aloe, my whole house smelled like booze. Plus, the bird doesn't like him.

Generally, I just want to be holed up in my tower alone. Unless of course Officer Yummy wants to pop by... (honestly, he's a nice guy but I don't harbor any thoughts that I do anything more for him than sling coffee. We did have a short conversation last night about being drunk at amusement parks. Not, er, that he would sneak a flask into Universal Studios or anything)

No comments: