Monday, January 01, 2007

Not just a new day

Consider one New Year's resolution kept. with glee. Thank goodness.

I dropped off the cookies to Wayne and my coworkers. Wayne invited me to go with him to spend New Years with Coffee Crush and company. I politely declined. First of all, I had already told my friends that I would be attending their parties. I like to follow through and while they would have understood, I still think it important to keep the plans that you make. Even when there is a handsome man involved. ESPECIALLY when there is a handsome man involved because...

In the name of crushes, I have put myself in some very uncomfortable positions over the years. Ended up in some very bad situations. One, could have cost me my life, many, certainly cost me my dignity and my confidence. Both of these things grow back. Life, once gone, cannot be returned. I'm not saying that going with Wayne would have been in the least bit dangerous, but I would have felt odd at a party where I hardly knew ayone, and if Coffee Crush had a date there, I would have been exceptionally uncomfortable. Not to mention the mild creepy factor showing up there. If I knew that crew just a little bit better, it would be ok. But right now, all I have is a bit of small talk because they buy their coffee from me. Hardly a friendship. and anyway...

The first party was really fun. I have missed my friends more than I knew due to my self imposed outcast. They were all happy to see me and I was happy to see them. It was good to be there and tempting to stay. But I knew that if I did stay, I would drink too much. Plus, I had promised myself elsewhere. And while it was hard to go, I'm glad I went because...

I had a blast at the second party. My "date" was there, and also my sister and her husband. and her husband? is funny anyway, but get him drunk and hilarity ensues. I have hopes that I will get a copy of the video that I can post because if you guys find it half as funny as I did, you'll be crying too. I was paralized with laughter. And I didn't drink too much. In fact I wasn't even buzzed. So when the time came to go home, I went home. and slept in my ouwn bed. Which is just where I like to be. and I started out the new year in such a way that I can't think of any other way I would like to be. With friendship, laughter and flannel sheets.

No comments: