Thursday, January 18, 2007

The best laid plans

So, remember the part of the story where I was going to knit a goodwill scarf for C's girl? yeah. I finished it tonight while we watched Scrubs and um...



I really thought it would be bigger. So I will knit her another, (I only had one ball of that yarn) and send that one to my niece or something. sheesh.

Over the last couple of days, I learned something private about one of my coworkers. And I decided that I didn't really want to know that about that person. Sadly, you can't unlearn anything. But I have a tendency towards the nosey side of life, and I learned that sometimes things are better kept private.

I am going to lower my hours at Harbucks. I slept through my alarm again this morning.

I am going on Saturday with Wayne to see Coffee Crush's band play. I don't know what I am going to wear. I also don't know why I am worried about it. When I told Ben (yeah, we met for tea. and then dinner) that I wasn't interested in anything romantic, I meant it. And no, that doesn't mean I am interested in "benefits", it means that I don't even think that I would date Coffee Crush if he asked. I know I am too young to take myself out of the game, but I got weepy again tonight. I didn't mean to. It just happened. And while I used to think it would be nice to meet someone to make me forget, I replay mind movies of life and times with Biker Bob and I am glad I am alone.

In happier news, I heard from my friend Bean the other day. She had faded away for several years and I had been worried about her. I sent cards and catalogs so she would know what I was up to if she was still commmunicating with her mom, and I imagined all sorts of adventures that she was having. I have always said that Bean is my wild side, and so I just knew she was living the hippy party life and having wild times. Well, it turns out that she's on the wildest adventure of them all, she sent me pictures of her son. Kind of a blow when your wild side has a kid.

I'd better go to bed. I know that after three days or so I had lots to say.

1 comment:

Rich | Championable said...

Dude. I couldn't knit half a sock. That rocks.