Monday, July 31, 2006

Old Roomates

Over the years, I have had quite a few roomates. Not counting my family, but counting boyfriends, I have lived with 8 people. (not counting the ones that were in temporary one or two month living situations while I was in Americorps*NCCC.)

One of my longest lasting roomates was Jamie who occupied the second room of my apartment in Santee for 3 years. When she decided to move out, she gave a month, was gone in a week, and she left all her stuff. (she paid a month's rent ahead). I found a new roomate and he and I moved her stuff into my garage and we cleaned her room. (which is another story for another day). It took her 4 months to get her stuff. Even she admitted that it was nice of me to store it and that it would have been excusable if I had left on the lawn.

She works at my main place of employment and I see her every so often. Sometimes I stop for a chat, sometimes I just wave or nod and move along. We were never close, she and I, and if not for the fact that we run into each other at work, I doubt I would have ever seen her again after we parted ways. It's always strange and akward to see her, because I don't really know what to say. I don't dislike her, she's a really neat lady. I guess knowing someone for 7 years, and living with them for 3 of them doesn't make the two of you friends. You just can't force something in common.

No comments: