Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I'm Sailing Away...

Set an open course for the virgin sea...
They called me Captain Zig Zag. Mostly because I don't steer well in a strait line. Ever, actually, but in the ocean, it's even more difficult! Yes, it's true. Sunday found me on a lovely schooner and since it was my first time sailing, Bart, the enthusiastic owner of the boat (standing behind me) set me at the helm. I couldn't see anything but the masts and the people sitting in front of me. and by the time someone told me about the whole compass thing, my leg was tired and I had to turn over the wheel (I was partially standing on a small piece of wood which put me off kilter and did funny things to my musculature)
I had a wonderful time and was able to get a lot of relaxation in, as evidenced by this picture...

It was a lovely day off the California Coast, and I went further out to sea than I have ever been before. I did not jump into the ocean with my shipmates, since I didn't have a swim suit and I like to be able to see or at least feel the bottom. Instead I perfected my movie star look...

And listened in on the conversations of Brad, the Esoteric Scholar. I would have liked to have talked more with Brad, but I have that whole "shy" thing going and I was feeling a bit intimidated by his knowlage base. I am hoping that I have the opportunity to discuss the meaning of the universe with him one day, I think that I would find his insight useful and facinating.

I can thank C for bringing me along, and introducing me to so many interesting people. And also for taking such a great photo! There are lots more, but, well, you know, nothing like vacation photos to bore you to tears.

Other fun stuff ahead!

No comments: