Wednesday, April 12, 2006

quiet today

haven't had much to say.

I'm loving seeing all the lilac in bloom. I had forgotten how lovely it is, I don't remember seeing any since the fires, which happened two and a half years ago. There is still alot of "damage" to the landscape, but the lilacs are back, and that makes me happy. One of the neat things I get to ponder every day is how you can have one flower in so many different colors. two bushes might be right next to each other with one blooming in a pale blueish purple, and the other, deeper and more vibrant. amazing.

My garden is looking great! I planted snapdragons and my strawberries are really going nuts with flowers and fruit. to think I had thought them dead! Jacks garden started to sprout, and my lavender plant is all over flowers. Hooray for me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so envious. I miss living things like flowers...damn desert! lol

Ginamonster said...

yeah, but you traded in the bitter winters and blizzards.

Anonymous said...

So true...and I sit here in my 80 degree office I should be thankful...I guess?? hahaha

Ginamonster said...

be thankful until it hits 100 degrees. then you can bitch all you want because that's damn hot.

Anonymous said...

LOL It came close yesterday...91 degrees. How long does it take until your blood thins??

Ginamonster said...

I'm not sure. I've always lived where it is warm. I put on a coat when it hits 70. 65, and I'm wearing mittens.