Friday, April 21, 2006

PEE U

And I'm not talking about Potty University.

I watched The dukes of Hazzard Last night. and Corpse Bride. here are my reviews.

The Dukes: the Duke boys weren't nearly cute enough to be playing the Duke boys. I hated Sean William Scott's scruffy facial hair. The bar fight scene was way too obviously choreographed, and the acting, well, sucked. I did like Willie Nelson. And Jessica was ok. But even she admitted, all she had to do was wear short shorts and smile.

Corpse Bride just didn't live up to my expectations of a Tim Burton Film. Ordinarily I really enjoy his work. This one didn't have the soul of Nightmare Before Christmas, although the animation was great, and the musical score was lacking that toe tapping sing along spirit that a good musical should have. actually, the music was lacking completely. The only song from it I would ever wanto to hear again would be Victoria's Wedding March.

and that sums up my evening.

2 comments:

NWJR said...

I thought Corpse Bride was bloody brilliant...in fact, I think a Broadway version would be incredible.

Ginamonster said...

I liked the premis, just not the execution. I think I was expecting it to be too much like Nightmare.