Saturday, August 11, 2012

It might be an addiction part 1, an introduction

Hello, my  name is Gina, and I think I might be addicted to... Stuff.

I love stuff. I want to acquire more. There is stuff everywhere at my house. Some of it is really neat stuff. The acquisition of stuff causes the following results:

Lack of money
Lack of space
too much dusting

and other things too.

Right now, one of my couches is covered in stuff and therefor I have been watching TV on the floor. This makes the dog happy and I like the floor so I don't really mind. Except I really think I should be sitting on my couch sometimes. Or get rid of it.

I do things to try and lessen my clutter. I gave away my dining room table. I took the coffee table out of my living room.

Sometimes, I am absolutely overwhelmed by my stuff. So I ignore it. It gathers in the nooks and crannies of my house. I buy more and add to it. People give me things and it piles up.

I want to stop. The frightening thing is, I used to be worse.

1 comment:

Sensei said...

Pawn shop. Having been a fellow sufferor, I am thinking a trip soon will be good for my sanity.

But, I have a foreboding feeling that the moment I get rid of my 16-channel sound board (cost $1000 5 years ago) I will finally get another show and need it.