Wednesday, February 01, 2012

A day in the life...

Today was overall, a pretty good day. There were even some genuinely happy moments and I don't think I was tempted to strangle anyone. This is a win. PLUS, I had dinner with my mom and family to look forward to.

and then...

I was asked to run a report at 4:30 so it would be as fresh as possible for an important meeting tomorrow. No problem! it took me 2 hours because I had to keep fixing mistakes that would have been fixed a couple of days ago had I had time to remember they were there.

I was supposed to be at dinner at 6 in Carson, 30 minutes away.

Thankfully I didn't think I would have time to skate after dinner so I wasn't disappointed by that, until I got to the rink on time for practice but I didn't have any workout clothes. (had to drop off presale tickets for the event I'm planning) Still, a night off essentially, right?

Got home. was hit with "the smell". I have cleaned up worse in the last 3 years. I really just wanted to sit on the couch for a little while though.

Now, I am ready to bathe, and to bathe the dog since this time, he laid in it and its all up in his paws. But first let me turn off all the lights so we can go strait to bed and OH SHIT I forgot to close the blinds when I got home. Crawl, crawl, don't let the neighbors see my butt. YES. I do mean that I am READY TO BATHE.

Dog... Won't come in. So I lunged out after him and happened to notice...

My gate is swinging wide open. I'm wearing nothing but my Icetoner slippers, the dog is running away, I can't leave him in the yard all night (If I want to sleep) and fuck, it's cold out there.

Tomorrow will be better, right?

No comments: