Friday, February 17, 2012

Exploding with happy moments


1) Hanging out with friends last weekend. I hadn't done that in awhile. Actually, a very long while. This weekend, I made a point of it and fun abounded.
2) Ten pounds gone!
3) Dinner and a movie with some good company on Sunday
4) Valentines dinner with my family. They are in town for their yearly trip and while I won't get to see them as much as I would like, I appreciate the moments all the more. Like when both nieces climbed into my lap at the same time. I know that they won't both fit forever. Zoe is afraid of Chango. Chango just wanted to lick her. Can't blame him for that. We all do.
5) When I got home on Tuesday and saw all the posts from all the people who had flowers and candy and steak, I didn't feel jealous or pouty that they recieved these things and I didn't. I felt happy and at peace for what I do have. THAT was an incredible feeling. Ok, I was a little jealous of Wendy's steak.
6) Clean. That's all I have the business of saying. But Clean.

Overall, I had a really, really great week. And when the mopies started creeping in, as mopies sometimes do, I thought about what an amazing week I had and changed the mental subject. It feels so much better (and normal) to be happy. Sure, I had my usual moments of self reflection, but  I maintained an excellent attitude. Ultimately, that's all I can ask of myself.



”Bliss





4 comments:

Murr Brewster said...

Honestly? I think sometimes the mopies are a habit, and can be derailed. Sounds like you're doing just that. My favorite bumpersticker is "Don't believe everything you think." You can write a new script.

Caroline said...

Sounds like you had a good week - it's the small things that count, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I think you may be a younger me....good luck with that, you should never be bored!
Susie O.

Ginamonster said...

Murr- That's pretty much become my new mantra. thank you.

Caroline, it really is.

Susie- I don't know how to be bored!