Saturday, July 28, 2007

Arrival at Gate 9

After a long and harrowing ride, full of danger...

Ok, it was long. and I guess my driving is pretty harrowing. and Baby's beak is dangerous...well, I made it. I'm as unpacked as I can be and I slept well last night. Finally saw Tahoe Lake today and have been trying to catch up on thank you cards.

I feel a little awkward. I don't know at what point since the room I am staying in was originally someone else's (Poo's friend). He kicked him out and now he's staying at a shelter. Now, Poo also gave him a job, but it still hangs over my head a bit. I'm also not sure how long I am welcome here. But I think I would be wise not to overstay. I'm just not accustomed open hospitality. I'm used to a welcome. I'm also used to paying my way.

I bought another pair of shoes today so I no longer have only one pair. Tomorrow we're going tubing on the Truckee river. Soon, I hope to have something interesting to say.

2 comments:

Sensei said...

I am glad you made it safe.

Check your MySpace for details on my recent advanture.

So, what do you have planned for a job?

Ginamonster said...

I had one before I arrived.