Thursday, July 19, 2007

Procrastinator

I can't believe that it's been so long since I have posted! My last day of work Tuesday went well. I didn't get to say all of my goodbyes because I ended up with a lot of work to do in the afternoon, enough that I ended up working a bit of overtime, but I managed to keep my tears in check when Bossman said goodbye. Then as I was saying goodbye to coworker, she got up out of her chair. I asked if she was going to hug me.

"Yes, unless you don't want me to"
"Of course I will hug you!" (coworker is NOT a touchy feely person. I think I have touched her twice before in two years of working with her, and one of those times was to feel her pregnant belly. Heck, I have rinsed her puke bucket, but never hugged her)

The hug occurred, she said she would call and that it had been a great couple of years. That she would miss me. We both got all teary and I called us a bit pathetic to break the awkwardness.

And all the years of frustration and confusion evaportated as I thought, "Wow. I didn't think you liked me!"

And so I left.

Yesterday was a wirlwind of packing as should be today. My house is a disaster area but more than half way done. I'm thinking more like 3/4. If I would just focus and do it, I can be done.

I will be done.

No comments: