Tuesday, July 24, 2007

one pair

Life has been crazy, what with the move and all.

Went to Vegas with the sisters last weekend. Pictures eventually, and the guy I danced with at the club? Had no rhythm, pumped his arm in the air like a very excited David Bowie a-la "The Wedding Singer" and played the air....flute? Good times. One thing I learned is that although I admire them greatly for their ability to look flawless, I have no patience for girly girls who take forever to get ready to go. Apparently it takes time and work to look that good, and well, I think I learned about myself that I'm too damn lazy. and I am very impatient.

Yesterday we managed to squeeze all of my considerable crap into my cousin's trailer. Today the cleaning began. I am blessed with the people in my life. My friend/housekeeper wrote the following on her check, "Buy Sexy non-work shoes with this. When I come to town you can wear them and we'll go get a drink together." Don't even get me started on the wonderful help I had loading up yesterday.

Tonight I headed down to my Aunt and Uncles for dinner. My grandparents were there too. It was a lovely time. On my way home, I stopped at the beach (I was RIGHT THERE) for a qick play in the water. The water was surprisingly warm. I didn't want to leave it. But I needed to come home, and well, it was kinda stinky from the rotting seaweed. I hope no one tells me later that there was a sewage spill when I wasn't paying attention, because I left the sand on my feet and drove home barefoot.

More when I can. I miss you guys. Have not kept up on my blog reading. Except the comments over at Jester's. Jeeze louise, people get wound up and defensive.

2 comments:

lzymzy said...

I'm confused. I look beautiful and flawless WITHOUT spending excessive amounts of time getting ready. You must be referring to your OTHER sister...

Ginamonster said...

Oh, I totally was. YOU always look beautiful and flawless. So does she, she just THINKS she needs to spend all that time.