Friday, January 02, 2009

It's amazing

How yesterday's blog became today's conversation. And how i had the courage to tell him the thinks I was thinking and how I still don't know its going to end up but he's willing to try tough love on her instead of kid gloves. Because her bad decisions? affect us all and it's not fair and dangerous to them. Him, the kids. And she knows better, or so he says, but I am beginning to think she either hasn't got the smarts or the strength to make a change.

Maybe I don't either, based on the fact that I am still trying.

3 comments:

Sensei said...

GM, from someone who's been there, done that, #2 is not fun. The kids alway take first place and it should not be that way for a couple.

The probelm is, the kids took first place when the other half of the couple abdocated the position. And, the kids don't like giving up that spot. And, the person in question does not want to cause contention with their kids.

So, the kids resent you for tyring to take your rightful spot as #1, and the guy resents you for making him feel so bad about wanting his kids to be happy.

I felt it in my wife. She loves her kids and she would not give me my rightful spot.

There are enough guys out there that do not have baggage. Find one.

Chickie said...

Good luck to you. That's really all I can give.

Anonymous said...

I really need to register so I am not just anonymous, though if I could somehow ensure noone else could post as anonymous this could be my identity. I also need to learn not to think while typing.

My two cents is that Ern is right on the money on this one. I totally agree. And thats all I got to say about that. Heh, just watched Forest Gump again. Good movie.