Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Taking a different road

Not the high one, just different.

Be aware that I am going to be vague.

I had an opportunity tonight, to join in a conversation that sounded, from 15 feet away, like it was about someone. And it explained something from earlier in the evening. From the couple of words I heard, I understood the gist of the story. It sounded juicy.

This is the point where I usually go weasel my way into the conversation so that I can learn what is going on. I'm nosey. I like to know what is going on. Generally, I will admit this with pride. I have learned that she who has the information wins. If it is gossip, I rarely pass it along. I keep it with me where it festers sometimes, or I forget it sometimes. Most often, I file it away for future reference.

Tonight I had the opportunity to follow my instincts, or not. I started to. I took the first step.

Then I realized I didn't want to. Because it's a bit of a problem. And I don't want to feed it anymore. So I left. It was easier than I thought it would be.

1 comment:

Chickie said...

I am a collector of gossip too. I can't quit. It's the only bright spot of my day at work. Since I'm so quiet, people sometimes forget that I'm there and just blab about all kinds of things. They think that I'm on the phone with a customr but I have my phone on pause so I can eavesdrop.

I'm such a Nosy Nellie.