Monday, February 14, 2005

On Frogs and Toads

Sometimes, a princess meets a frog. So she kisses him and hopes he turns into a prince. But he doesn't. So she sleeps with him, and he turns out to be a toad.

Haven't heard from "Mr Right Now" in about a week. He did not call when he said he would. He has not called at all. In addition to feeding all my insecurities about men who, in my world, seem to have a habit of not calling anymore, he has my books. I want them back. So if he doesn't call this week (and I am not going to hold me breath) I am going to call and request them back. Apparently, although exceptionally good looking, he was not all he was cracked up to be, to which I have several friends who said "I told you so". But I had to find out for myself.

and E, if you are reading this, I wish you all the best and enjoyed your company immensely while it lasted. Please take care of yourself. If you were trying to spare my feelings by dropping off the face of the earth without telling me, you fucked up, I got hurt anyway. I have emotions, I just keep them hidden. Now, give me back my books. please. thank you. and no, I don't hate you, I am angry because I am hurt. give me a couple of months and I will have nothing but nice things to say about our time together. actually, I have nothing but nice things to say now. I'm only cranky because you stopped calling.

Meanwhile, and perhaps it is uncouth to mention it so soon after I spilled my pain about Mr Most Recently, someone else came along with promise and apparently adult intentions. Not THOSE kind of intentions, we've only had one date and I do try to keep my clothes on until at least the THIRD date. and I have a feeling that he doesn't venture into the bedroom until he REALLY knows someone. Which is good. It'll give me time to go to the Dr and get checked after the past year's escapades. Sex aside, he is very nice and polite (wait, I said the same about Mr Most Recently) and I am looking forward to another date with him on Wednesday. I think I will take him up on his offer to teach me darts. He learned from a group of Scotsmen in Canada. Sounds like my kind of fun. Actually, he sounds like my kind of fun. (please be a prince, please be a prince, can't handle any more toads...please be a prince...) I guess we will see, won't we?

No comments: