Wednesday, April 25, 2007

No title today

I won't go into detail, because this is a public blog and I don't want any feelings hurt, because I am an impartial party in this situation, but I must say that I am glad that I have learned that there is more than one side to any story, that things are not always as they seem, and to make up my own mind instead of relying on other people's opinions.

Meanwhile, my trip to LA went well this weekend. Wicked, of course, was wonderful, and I rode the Metro! I had never been on underground rail before. I am proud to say that I faced forward and did not feel ill, and that it was all very much cleaner than I expected. My Seester's friends are really fun and comfortable. It was nice meeting them.

And, that's all really, right now. after obtaining his phone number, I decided I wasn't interested in the fellow from MySpace after all. Partially because he doesn't have a car (At my age, in my city, a man needs reliable transportation. And hell if I am going to drive 40 miles round trip every time I want to see someone. He'd have to be pretty special.) Partially because he did come on very strong and I was beginning to think he was looking for a piece, and partially because he reminded me, looks-wise of J the former coworker. My message was short and to the point. Changed my mind, have a good life. I tried to think of a way to soften the blow, or at least make me sound less like a bitch, but I realized that I don't really care if he likes me and I think he can handle it. It's when I pussyfoot around that I get in trouble with these things.

In the mean time, I am becoming reaquainted with an old friend from Jr High, which is cool (different one than the one I was concernd with before) and another friend from back then, who I lost track of about 10 years ago contacted me. I was so happy to hear from Eric I almost did backflips. Except last time I tried to do a backflip, I landed on my head. As for chris? he sure has changed a lot! but I think we all have. We rehashed some old memories and talked about people we knew/know. He invited me out on his boat. I think I'll go sometime. I'm not thinking romance, but reaquaintence. And before you start saying there might be hope, my interest does not lie in that direction. Among other things, I can't imagine spending my weekends speed boating around. But sometimes would be fun!

2 comments:

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

Boating is fun and so is reconnecting with old schoolmates, don't know why that is but it's just so fun to hear memories that they have and it sparks memories you may have forgotten. It's always fun! :)

Rich | Championable said...

Dude. You should come to NYC and check out a REAL subway!!