Thursday, May 04, 2006

Descriptions of me

There are many people who say to me, Gina, you are the busiest person I know. And while it might be an exaggeration to say I am the busiest (think of all those hardworking moms out there, they're way more busy than I, and, they're not even doing it for themselves (cue Annie Lennox and Aretha Franklin.)) I will admit that I keep myself very well occupied.

there are many reasons for this.

I was raised that way. I remember my parents always being on the go and my mom, yeah, if you think I am busy, you should try catching her at home. Oh wait, you won't.

I don't believe in getting bored. So I find things to occupy my time.

There's so many great things to do in this wonderful world of ours, that I want to try it all!

Being busy makes me appriciate the quiet moments.

And the one I don't like to talk about? That's where the stuff I do fills that empty spot that would otherwise be occupied by someone special. I'm on the go so that I don't have to sit on the couch alone. I crawl in bed exhausted each night and fall asleep before I can miss having someone to snuggle with, even if I can't do it while I am sleeping, it's still nice to have someone there. I love my life, I wouldn't want to settle for the wrong man just to have someone to talk to. And truly, I have SO MUCH. But I don't feel the need to be out all the time when I'm not sitting at home alone.

Perhaps that is the reason I have been trying out the whole personal ad thing. I was hoping that someone like me would come up and HOORAY! but what I found was not men looking for a woman like me, I found the ones who wanted someone like them. Or they just wanted to screw around. Basically, they wanted to fuck themselves. Hee, hee.

Oh well. Off to another adventure. Tonight? After I run up to the florist to drop off the bigger, smellier soaps, I'll be going home. I need to clean my room and my kitchen. I need to make soap. Vacuume. clean the office, do some laundry, put laundry away.Maybe I will watch TV and knit, or play with the imprinter, or weave or...

2 comments:

NWJR said...

"what I found was not men looking for a woman like me, I found the ones who wanted someone like them. Or they just wanted to screw around. Basically, they wanted to fuck themselves. Hee, hee."

Heh. That's some funny stuff, right there...

Black Eyed Gurl said...

I hear you on the internet dating thing. Honestly, it really sucks. 90% of the guys I even talked to were either Future Serial Killers of America material, just wanted a free prostitute, or were so creepy I couldn't believe evolution created them!

BTW: I came here from We 3 Bitches because you comisserated so nicely with my 'why don't men like me?' query. Yes I am the question writer, I will admit it. Nice to know I'm not alone on this one!