Monday, May 15, 2006

Being single

I know that this subject has been coming up a lot, but, I'm a single woman in my late 20's. That's just life.

So my sister leans over towards me the other night while we were at Blind Melons watching Pink Froyd (shameless plugs. you know I love em. Pink Fryod, by the way, is a sweet Floyd cover band that tours and everything and while the lead singer does in fact think he's pretty, they are excellent. And the drummer, who is a friend, is nice to look at) and tells me that Papi (Papi is her husband's grandfather. he's a nice man, we all love him) wants to know why I am not married yet. Apparently, I am very pretty and should be by now. She told him I hadn't found the right one yet.

My mom pointed out that if I wanted to be married I would be. And really, honestly, she's right. And suddenly, being single was just a little bit easier.

4 comments:

Gary said...

Marrying the wrong person is the biggest mistake that many people make in their lives. Just keep that in mind and you will be fine.

Sensei said...

For a guy, their is a lot to be said about being married, but, most of it cuss words so I will just stay quiet.

aikmm: the short lived swoon teen girls had until they found out Clay was gay.

Anonymous said...

I feel exactly where you are. I'm also single and in my late 20's and am tired of hear people ask, "Are you married yet?"

Anonymous said...

You interest me, I am glad to wish you happiness!

Peace and Love.

Dominic Ebacher
ebacherdom.blogspot.com