Sunday, February 08, 2009

facebook faux pas

as this has become my day of laziness, I was uploading all sorts of pictures to facebook.

In my travels through the histories of my pictures, I came across one from a friends wedding where we were dancing and I was looking especially great in my not-appropriate-for-a-jewish-wedding dress.

Upload, tag, post, forget.

She commented. I had hesitated only a moment before posting, and she pointed out the things that made me hesitate. The reasons why I should never have posted that picture.

It was 180 pounds ago for her. And she left that man in a rather painful ending to that marriage.

I deleted the picture and send her a note apologizing. But truthfully? I should never have posted it in the first place. 

I hope she forgives me.

1 comment:

tiff said...

It's good of you to be concerned about what other people are thinking and realign your world to cause minimal scarring.

(But....couldn't you maybe just edit her OUT of the picture and post your hot mama photo again? Because seriously, a good photo is too precious to waste, don't you think?)

I hope your friend has recovered from her marital earthquake - they can and do take a lot of energy to overcome.