Thursday, January 31, 2008

My long affair with Wally

I met Wally years ago when he moved to my town. Like any bored teen, I was smitten. Wally entertained my friends and I late at night. Wally encouraged my favorite addiction.

Over the years, I continued to love Wally even though I knew he was bad. Boyfriends came and went, but always, Wally was there. Remember, he entertained, he supported my habits (and cheaply!) Wally could provide whatever I wanted at any time, and, as I started to travel, anywhere!

Recently, I decided to break off my love affair with Wally. Wally has some habits that I don't agree with. Wally was unkind to my sister. Wally and I have severely different political views.

So I left Wally and did not return. I left Wally on December 22, 2007 and didn't turn back. I decided to get my fix with the frenchman. Since the Frenchman lives far way, my fix isn't so close, and I don't indulge as often. (Sometimes it was several times a day!)

Today, I visited Wally. I didn't get my fix, I needed something else. What the fuck did I ever see in Wally?

side note:
Daddy called today. Needed money. Of course I did. At least I don't think I have to worry about him trying to move up here (not that he has suggested it, but if he isn't afraid to ask for money, what is to stop him from asking to stay for a bit?). He seemed positively HORRIFIED by the concept of snow. I like it. hee.

7 comments:

Chickie said...

Wally? Like Wally-World?

Now you know to stick to cold weather places if you don't want your house to be a crashing pad!

212degreedesigns said...

walmart and target

i am so with you.

lol

side note to think about...
when my daughter was born..
i let my dad stay with us...
for a time.. (almost a year)

now..
the other day...
9 years later...
i was asked about him...
i said he was dead. lol
in truth i'm not sure..
in bigger truth i don't care to find out...

don't ever let them move in...

Gretta James said...

I don;t know what you saw in wally but it sounds as if you did the right thing ending it, sounds all a little unhealthy to me.

be strong.
Gretta x

Sensei said...

For much of that, I thought Wally was a euphemism for something a little more personal. The comment about replacing it with a Frenchman made sense. Sharing Wally with someone else almost made me chuck.

Thank you Heather for clarifying.

I don't like the Frenchman. This Christmas, he was the site of three gang killings in my neighborhood.

Wally has very little violence, and is never robbed, since he keeps himself well armed and is willing to share in a time of need.

Ginamonster said...

Chickie, yes, and totally!

Heather, I don't think it's really an option, but I wonder sometimes if he thinks it is. Sometimes, I don't know either.

Gretta, cheap crap. and yes it was.

Sensei, you should know me better than that by now!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes. Wally is dirty and trashy. And cheap, but not in the good way.

I tell people all the time the number one thing I miss whilst living in Germany is my French addiction. Seriously--love it.

Ginamonster said...

ammogirl, I saw a commercial for the Frenchman today and damned if I don't want to go. must.resist.shopping.urges...