Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dear Cowboy,

I hope you understand how much I understand that it puts you in a funk when you talk to your ex wife. Knowing that she is regretful now must make it hurt even more although you know you would not be happy with her. I realize that he and I were never married, but I have been there before. I have walked in your shoes. I hope that I can one day express that without it sounding like I am diminishing your pain. I think you know I wouldn't do that.

And the other one? The one I don't think I have talked about except in very minor ways to you? That one would throw me in a loop if he contacted me. It's a good thing I don't have to worry about that. Perhaps one day, I'll be able to tell you about that one too.

I also hope that you realize that I am truly excited by your planning and your schemes. Partially because I think you are an intelligent individual with an excellent grasp of business and a well rounded view of the direction you want to go. It's admirable. It's inspiring. It's also because I think those schemes are likely to keep you nearby. That's the part where I am a little bit selfish. If you went off to greener pastures, I would understand. I would wish you the best and success. But I don't think we would stay in touch.

I think you know that every moment I spend with you is an investment and a gamble. It's funny how I will gamble with my emotions and not my cash

G

4 comments:

Jester said...

i'd much rather gamble with money. I'm rooting for you though.:)

Gretta James said...

I'm with Jester - where emotions are concerned I'd rather it a definite outcome iwth no gamblin involved.

Gretta x

Anonymous said...

I get it though, you're saving for a house and all...

Ginamonster said...

It's always a gamble, you know? No one ever knows how it will turn out, but we keep trying because the possibility for a big payout is worth the risk. I think...