Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I am my mother's daughter after all

My mom grew up in a house full of boys. Out of 8 children, there were only 2 girls. You can imagine that she was a tomboy. Actually, she was the very picture of a tomboy. Broke her nose playing baseball. Got in fights protecting her sister and brother's honor (in those days, being Native American was not accepted. My aunt and uncle are half-or-something) Ran around without a shirt until she was 11.

I am like her more than I like to admit sometimes even though she is an amazing woman. My mom taught me many things. She taught me about see-food. She taught me about dancing. (My mother dances like no other... She has her own style.)

Today, I channeled her like I am embarrassed to say is possible.

In order to get to my cube, I have to pass the desk of one of the assistant chief engineers. Today, after I ambled past, he started the following conversation; (words may have changed slightly on account of my memory)

"You know, every time you walk past, I get a cold breeze. You really need to do something about that"

Blink.

"I could fart every time I walk past and you'll get a warm breeze but,"

"I'll take the cold breeze"

4 comments:

Sensei said...

THAT'S MY GIRL!

lzymzy said...

I'm so proud to be your sister!

I LOVE YOU!!!

Chickie said...

Hahahahaha! Good for you!

Ginamonster said...

Heh. My mouth has been running away with me a lot lately...