Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It's that time of year

It just hit me that it's summer. I love summer. Late nights on the porch, looking at the sky with warm breezes all around.

Summer always feels like it is going to last forever but by the time it ends, I'm ready to start in with wintery things.

One thing I love about the summer is the state fair. I like to ride the Zipper (and hope I don't die in that poorly maintained deathtrap!!). I like to smell cotton candy and hot dogs and maybe try and win a stuffie. More than that, I like to look at the things that people make. The quilts and the photography. All the artsy crafty things. I like to visit with the spinners and weavers and talk about how if I just gave up a little skating I might have time to hang out with them more.

I love the animals. All the sheep and the goats and the chickens. I like to visit with the cows and talk to the horses. I like to listen to the pigs and smell the hay.

I like to look at all the stuff for sale that I don't need.

Nevada doesn't have a state fair anymore. I can't say it was particularly impressive before, but now that its gone, I kind of miss it. I hope they have something similar again this year.

No comments: