Monday, November 28, 2011

Adventures in the hometown

It's nice to be back from my holiday in San Diego. It amazes me that it really doesn't much feel like home any more. I'll always love the city, it will always be my hometown. But I'm no longer up to date on the current locations of all the Starbucks in the city. A few highlights:

  • I announced to my mother that I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas (Bratty and I have been having fun with the song) She responded that she is NOT getting me a damn hippopotamus for Christmas. Plus, I would have to hire someone to take care of it. Today, Bratty and I decided that someone needs to genetically modify POCKET HIPPOS so we can have one. There would be less trampleing risk and the poo would be way smaller. I'm thinking something the size of a Chiwawoodle. (do they make those yet? If not, I just copyrighted the name with my creativity so you have to pay me if you use it.)
  • Playing pranks on my mom is fun.
  • Actually, hanging out with my mom is fun. She says the darndest things.
  • LOTS of quality family time especially with Seester and the Nieces. The Nieces are funny, but I have to say, that Mini Me is damned hilarious. And she knows it. You never saw a 14 month old (huh?) pull off deadpan humor like that kid.
  • I never get to see the everyone I want to see, but this time I got closer than I usually do
  • These trips are expensive.
  • I apparently am able to poke my Seester with my eyeballs.
  • There was a lot of laughter and good times. I was and am overflowing with gratitude.

No comments: