Thursday, July 09, 2009

Missing? No. Incognito!!

Miss Bratty Duke mentioned today or maybe it was yesterday that I haven't posted in awhile. It isn't because I don't have anything to say.

I posted recently, or at least spilled my guts about all the madness that has been swirling about; threw myself a pity party complete with real tears... When I read the things I wrote, I sounded like an asshole. No amount of editing and spell checking could fix what an asshole I made myself sound which means I was being one. So I packed up my pity party and deleted the post before that crap could get out. 

Know this. Writing all that made me really appreciate all the people that are in my life. Not just the ones I hang out with all the time, but the ones that I DON'T hang out with all the time. Like Miss Bratty Duke. And Randy. And everybody else. It made me realize that I could be a better friend.

Then I had a post all written about Michael Jackson. I may still post that one. Sure, everyone has a post about MJ, but he holds a special place in my life. 

Then, the other day, SHE came to visit. Apparently she works for Sam's Club, and good for her. I always thought that if I ever saw her again that I would punch her in the face. However, when I saw her I only thought she looked a bit familiar until I saw her business card. I am thankful that I didn't have one of mine, in hindsight even though I know she needs it to show where she has been. I realized that better than punching her in the face was not recognizing her. Apparently she wasn't that important to me after all. She makes for good stories though. I passed her card along as I said I would. That doesn't mean I don't hope she never comes back to my building. I don't wish her ill, but I see no reason to pretend to like her.

And that's what it's all about.

2 comments:

hello haha narf said...

just stopping to send some love your way.

BrattyD said...

what can I say? I love the way you write! It's very entertaining and real. And so "you;" I can hear you speaking while I read :o)