Sunday, March 15, 2009

Tired and Sore

The Mafia Mollies kicked our butts last night. Badly. Despite everything and I have to admit that I complained about a couple of major penalties that weren't called (one of which could have been ugly.) The simply out skated us. They work better as a team. Hopefully we can work past that.

Meanwhile, I didn't know that bruises could be turquoise, and my left hip, knee and ankle hurt.

BUT I closed the bar last night after the after party just sitting there talking with one of my girls and the cute new ref. Then I took them home since I was sober. Then I went home. And got to bed around oh? 5 am. I am tired. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with this post, but is related to an earlier one. I was browsing the ladies section of Match.com and found this as a headline and all I could think of was your comments... "Looking for a workout partner...and a happy ending!"

Now I wonder if that is a "Gina" happy ending she is looking for...

Anonymous said...

How rude of me not to include... I hope you are feeling better! Sounds like you had a rough night of it. They need live video streaming of your matches so we can see all the action!

Ginamonster said...

Anon, HAHAHAHAHA! Maybe! But it's likely hat she has no idea what she is asking for!

We would love to have live feed. Eventually, we will. There may be video on youtube. I haven't checked in awhile.

Sensei said...

Lack of effort by my team is why I went from being part of a comedy troupe to doing standup. It got to the point where no one showed for practice until the day before our show.

But, you don't have that option. Going solo in derby just won't win.

horograc: A Japanese 3D anime of puking

db grin said...

Sounds like a fun Saturday night! Sorry about the battle scars, hope they turn the normal shade for you, whatever that might be.

We missed you at the SP this week!

Sensei said...

I have nothing else to add. I just wanted to share my veriword:

unslesy: (unsleazy) when your strip tease is so bad the crowd yells, "PUT IT ON! PUT IT ON!" instead of "TAKE IT OFF!"