Sunday, June 03, 2007

Sometimes I frighten myself

Remember how in my last post I talked about my dad?

He called. I have not spoken to him yet. He has talked to my mom, and called my Seester on her birthday for the first time in a very long time. That is something for her to blog about. I will blog that I am exceptionally pleased that he is making contact. I am also nervou about it, but optimistic. I am expecting a message from him when I return to work tomorrow. I was out Friday for a funeral.

Speaking of which, it is hard to imagine that Maryanne has left my world after being a satellight in it for the last 25 years. She was Mrs Claus at our holiday parties. One of the reasons I thought it important to go was to support my grandmother who remarked that they had been friends for 40 years. I know it's hard for her to handle first playing nurse to (this blessed woman is an RN. When her friends and neighbors need nursing, she takes care of them. No questions, no complaints, out of the goodness of her heart) and then to say goodbye to so many people and know she will have to soon say goodbye to so many more. I dread that facet of growing older. It was hard knowing that there wasn't anything I could do to comfort her in the face of this fact of life. But when, during the service, she put her arm around me, I snuggled up to her like a small child and we sat that way for several minutes. It felt really good.


It was a Catholic ceremony. during the part when you hug the people around you, Brother turned his back on and refused to hug our mom. I would really like to slap him for that. I heard him telling Nana how it's really awful living with my mom. She gave him sympathy, I felt angry because he tells people she's a horrible person. and they believe him.

No comments: