Friday, May 11, 2012

Horoscope

I think I misspelled that. I don't really care.

Meanwhile,

For all my mystical silliness and rocks and prayers, I don't really believe in western Astrology. Firstly, the decriptions of "Virgo" rarely actually describes me. The neatness and all that just don't seem to apply. I would be okay with myself if they did, but I don't have time for that sort of thing. I think my final straw with Astrology was when I went on two different first dates with men I met on the internet and one of the first things they asked when we sat down was, "Are you boring because you are a Virgo?"

Hardly. Assholes. I can think of a few people who would probably like it if I were a little more on the boring side, actually, but where is the fun in that??

However, I still read my Horoscope because I find it amusing. (at least I can be consistant in my misspellings, right?) The person who writes them for the local paper is notoriously bad. As in, I have thought about writing in to complain but they have gotten a little bit better. Instead of waxing nostalgic on the weather, she has been a little more interesting.

Today, it said this: "You will give a kindness to someone that you wish someone had given you"

and the first thing I thought was, gosh, I hope so.

My life? It overflows with kindness from others. Overflows. And I can only hope that I am giving back by being kind as well.

No comments: