Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thinking outside the box

It has now been um, several days since I embarked on my journey of unemployment. Today, as I was showering, it occurred to me that not too long ago, I had a great idea for a small business. Since now may not be the time to be starting new businesses, (Still working on getting the soap back on line. AND not losing out on that house) I decided to curtail my business plan while still making use of the overall idea.

Basically, instead of JUST looking for jobs, I decided to try letting the jobs look for me. The following was recently posted on Craigslist. No, I did not actually post my resume. No, I did not give out my email address. Neither did I give my phone number. This might shoot me in the foot, but it also keeps the creepies from getting too close. And really, I'm trying to think out of the box, which is always a good idea even if it doesn't come out he way you thought.

Hey, whatever it takes. Plus, Seester says I many NOT go be a massage girl in a strip club because it will eat my soul. I'm pretty sure i want to keep that.


Girl Friday looking for a business in Need!

Multi talented, highly professional individual looking for someone to make use of and appreciate my skills. I am computer literate with 4+ years experience in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project. My organizational skills and multitasking abilities are excellent. I take pride in excellent customer service whether my "customer" is public or professional. Experience in construction industries, healthcare, and food service among others.

I'm looking for something permanent in a setting where I can find satisfaction in a job well done. My resume is available upon request.

Please do not contact me with business opportunities, investment opportunities, or questionable moral hi-jinks.

2 comments:

Rich | Championable said...

I read 500 resumes a week. Your post is WAY more literate and interesting than 99% of the cover letters I get.

I hope it works for you!

Ginamonster said...

Thanks Rich. I had hoped I would get an opinion from you. I did get one response from the ad but nothing after I sent my resume. That reminds me. I need to follow up.